Friday, June 10, 2011

Product Review: Piggy Paint nail polish

"Natural as mud." That's the claim made by Piggy Paint nail polish.

A nail polish originally developed for kids by mommy, Melanie Hurley, it contains no formaldehyde, toluene, phthalates, biphenyl A, ethyl acetate or acetone like other "kid" polishes do!

The idea for this natural, water-based nail polish was born after Melanie was polishing her girls' nails over a foam plate one day. Some of the solvent-based polish dripped onto the plate and started eating through it! (click here to see a picture of the foam plate)

Imagine all those chemicals going into your kid's system every time they put their fingers in their mouth (which we parents know is ALL the time!) This was my main reason for researching a "safe" kid polish and that is how I discovered Piggy Paint.

Imagine my surprise and excitement when last week I found out I WON a Piggy Paint gift set from a giveaway that I entered on Baby Loves Disco's facebook!

Well today, I received that gift set in the mail (pictured) and of course I had to try it out right away! As soon as I got it out of the box, my daughter, Allie, started reaching for it saying "please, please" as if she knew it was for her!

I have never painted her nails before so I wasn't sure what to expect (she'll be 2 at the end of June). So, I sat her in her high chair and told her to lay her hand flat. She did so well. She held her hand flat the entire time I painted her little fingernails. I told her to leave her hand flat while it dried which did not take long at all, 60 seconds maybe.

Here is the right hand freshly painted:
Beautiful!

The color that I applied is called Girls Rule! It's a dark pink with silver shimmer. I'd use it on myself! All the names in the Piggy Paint collection are darling. The other two that were in my gift set are Angel Kisses (pink) and Glass Slipper (clear with glitter). The name of the gift set itself is Lollipops and Gumdrops. So cute!

Piggy Paint has 2 other nail polish lines. Refined is their adult collection with more sophisticated colors. Project Earth is a line directed towards tweens with neon colors.

The other great thing (that my husband loved most) is that Piggy Paint has NO ODOR! You can definitely breathe easy knowing you're using a safe, non-toxic, non-flammable nail polish on your kids and yourself! I HIGHLY recommend trying Piggy Paint! I am one very satisfied customer!
Make that TWO satisfied customers!







Piggy Paint website

Right now through August 12th, Piggy Paint is celebrating Fan Appreciation Fridays on facebook. Just "like" their page and you are automatically entered into a weekly drawing for a bottle of Piggy Paint, color of your choice!
Piggy Paint on facebook

No comments: